An Individual Activity Applicant is defined as an individual, organization, or part of an organization submitting an educational activity for approval to awarding continuing nursing education (CNE) contact hours. The educational activity must be intended to build upon the educational and experiential bases of the professional RN for the enhancement of practice, education, administration, research, or theory development, to improve the health of the public and RN's pursuit of their professional career goals.
An individual activity is approved for two years during which time it can be offered, exactly as approved. Delivery format may include live events, online or independent study. Any desired modifications must be submitted to the Northeast Multistate Division (NEMSD) before implementing and may require a new application.
Eligibility for Approval of Individual CNE Activities
- Your organization is not a commercial interest organization as defined by ANCC.
- The Nurse Planner is a currently licensed RN with a baccalaureate degree or higher in nursing who is actively involved in all aspects of planning, implementation, and evaluation of the CNE Activity.
- The planning committee has at least two people – one Nurse Planner and one other planner to plan each educational activity. The Nurse Planner is knowledgeable of the CNE process and is responsible for adherence to the ANCC criteria. One planner needs to have appropriate subject matter expertise for the educational activity being offered (Content Expert) and can also be the Nurse Planner or a Presenter who is on the Planning Committee.
Always download a new application from the website to ensure you have the current version and requirements. Do not use saved file copies of previous applications as items change to meet current ANCC/Northeast MSD requirements.
Organizations interested in awarding nursing contact hours for one, single educational activity or conference:
- Applications accepted year round a minimum of 30 business days (excluding weekends & holidays) prior to the activity start date
- Applications received under 30 business day(excluding weekends & holidays) will be accessed a late submission fee
- Applications received 21 business days (excluding weekends & holidays) will be accessed late fee and expedited review fee
- No application will be accepted 20 business days (excluding weekends & holidays) prior to activity start date
- Application review fee applies based on number of contact hours under review
- $75.00 per contact hour to be reviewed
- $200.00 late submission fee
- $200.00 expedited review fee in addition to late fee (21 days prior to activity date)
Individual Education Activity Annual Reporting
Individual Education activity applicants are required to submit their yearly annual report due on January 31st. Annual reporting notices will go out first week of December. No fee for Individual Education Activity annual reporting.
Email completed annual activity report and email to email@example.com
To determine the number of contact hours to award add up the total time allotted for the actual presentation (not including breaks/lunch) and divide by 60 (minutes). Each contact hour is 60 minutes of actual presentation.
- A clerical completeness check is performed to ensure all the necessary paperwork is included. Your facility will be notified by email if any required information is missing.
- When the missing clerical documentation (if needed) are received, the application is placed in our reviewer queue and assigned to the next available Nurse Peer Reviewer(s) for review.
- The Nurse Peer Reviewer(s) then notifies the education specialist of any updates/corrects that are needed. If corrections are needed, your facility will be notified and the pages will need to be updated and sent back to the education specialist via email.
- These corrected/updated pages will then be sent to the Nurse Peer Reviewer(s) for final approval of the program.
- You will receive an approval letter from Northeast MSD CNE Unit via email.
Individual Educational Activity Application-New 2015 Criteria
Supporting Activity Documentation - Updated
Join the Northeast MSD Nurse Peer Review Education Committee
– learn how to review Individual Activity applications as a means to stay current as a nurse planner and network with peers.
- Once your application and supporting documentation are complete, please submit payment below
- Email one completely merged application file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete and submit the post-activity information within 30 days of the activity completion date, the Nurse Planner must submit to email@example.com. The Post-Activity documentation form includes submitting the total number of participants,total commercial support funds received and outcome measure information needed for reporting to ANCC.
The Northeast Multistate Division is accredited as an approver and provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation (ANCC COA).
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-373-1291, Ext 2 and one of our CNE Specialist will be happy to assist you.
Billing questions please email email@example.com